We provide user-friendly Bible studies that are practical, helpful, and immediately useful to teachers and students.
Our materials are great for those with limited time, resources, and skills looking for quality biblical studies. We currently have resources available for Adults, College, Youth, Children, Preschool and Teachers. We also have resources available in 7 translations including Simplified English, Spanish, Chinese, Cambodian, Laotian, Vietnamese and Korean.
We believe in the importance of biblical studies reflecting the value of biblical distinctives that have shaped Baptist life and history. We believe in Bible studies that emphasize the idea that all people are created in the image of God and are valuable.
How did we start?
GC2 Press® is the publishing arm of Texas Baptists. Launched in the spring of 2000, the Adult Bible study curriculum was the first age-group material published. All of the Bible studies are undated, produced on a quarterly basis in the format of an attractive paperback book.
Who Are the Writers? Trusted, qualified Baptist writers are selected. They are encouraged to make lesson comments that reflect their beliefs, to make these comments in light of sound Bible study principles, and to write responsibly in light of the needs of churches.
General Product Descriptions
- Study Guide - is designed to help adults understand and apply the Bible passage for each lesson. If using in a group context, each teacher and each class member will need a copy.
- Large Print Study Guide - contains the same content as the regular Study Guide. Available for persons who would benefit from larger print.
- Teaching Guide - provides Bible commentary especially for teachers/leaders plus two complete teaching plans. The Discovery Plan contains a variety of teaching/learning activities, and the Discussion Plan focuses on lecture and questions. Teachers need this Teaching Guide plus a copy of the Study Guide to lead the class.
- Study Guide (Digital) - this digital resource (PDF) has identical content as the print edition and is designed to help adults understand and apply the Bible passage for each lesson.
- Study Guide (Kindle Edition) - this digital resource has identical content as the print edition and is designed to help adults understand and apply the Bible passage for each lesson. Content can be accessed on your tablet or smartphone with the Kindle app. Go to www.amazon.com/kindle and search for BaptistWay to see what is available.
- Teaching Guide (Digital) - this digital resource (PDF) has identical content as the print edition and provides Bible comments especially for teachers/leaders plus two complete teaching plans.
- Premium Commentary (Digital) - this digital resource (PDF) provides insightful information for teachers seeking to dig deeper in their preparation each week. The writing team for our premium commentary is comprised of an outstanding group who combine scholarly, theological knowledge with practical suggestions for applying the truth of the Bible to everyday life. This content is additional to what appears in the Teaching Guide.
- Premium Teaching Plans (Digital) - these digital teaching plans (PDF) are written by recognized Christian educator Dr. Dennis Parrott. Each lesson's plan provides helpful suggestions for engaging your class with truth from the Bible and then practically connects these biblical principles to life. This is additional content to what appears in the Teaching Guide.
- Free Teacher Resources (Digital) – These digital items (PDF) are selected from the "Teaching Plans" in the corresponding Teaching Guide. They are provided to make lesson preparation easier and faster for handouts and similar items. (An item is not provided for every lesson, since every lesson's "Teaching Plans" does not include items that lend themselves to handouts.) Permission is granted to print as many of these resources as you need.